Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sober

21. The age when you can officially drink. Well, for my 21st birthday I drove down to San Diego to stay with my best friend Anna. I'm a good Mormon girl, and so I wasn't planning on drinking (and I didn't- I guess I should clarify before going further.) Well, I got there at night and we went to the grocery store- where we bought some Martinelli's. We returned to her house where she had some champagne glasses. We poured ourself glasses and at midnight we had a toast to me turning 21! Good times. Well, the story doesn't end here.

The next day- or I guess, same day, but after we had slept, we decided to further the celebration by going out to eat and then we were going to go clubbing- my very first time at an actual club. So she took me to a place downtown and we went in. It was kinda exciting. Now, I love hip hop music and I love dancing and so we both partied it up. But I do have a bubble- I'm not one to freak or anything like it. Guys can dance with me or near me... but, like I said, I do have a bubble. So this one guy in particular started dancing with me, and I didn't care. A few minutes later he comments (yelling slightly, so as to be heard over the music) "You look sober." I smiled and replied, "Thank you- I am." With that, he stayed for probably about 10-15 more seconds before leaving. It was then that I broke down laughing. I thought it was great- it was the highlight of my night! :) Needless to say, with Anna I always have a good time, but that was an excellent birthday- one I will always remember- so if she reads this- THANK YOU! Good times! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww! you're very welcome jamiebaby!

now, we just have to keep on having fun and create more FUN and CRAZY memories =)

I LOVE YOU