Monday, October 6, 2008

Light pole

This story is not my own, but it stars some close relatives of mine. I don't know how much they want to share, so their names will remain anonymous. :)
So once upon a time, a long time ago, there was a group of teens. These teens were pretty good kids- they were Mormons, and liked to have good clean fun. Well, one night they went to Mormon Night at Disneyland (because they used to have Mormon night at Disneyland). On their way back they started getting a little sleepy. Lo and behold, the driver, started to swerve and ended up running into a light pole. One with electrical lines on it. Well, they were close to home, and so they decided to walk the rest of the way home. Upon returning home they decided it was best to tell their parents. Everyone involved seemed to be alright- or at least they were all walking with no apparent huge injuries. Dad however decided to be sure and decided to pile them into his car to take them to the Emergency Room.
Upon reaching the Emergency Room they found the nurses and doctors and the surroundings to be in complete chaos. The lights were out and there seemed to be no apparent order. Dad decided to ask, "What's going on in here?" Someone in the dark responded, "Some idiot ran into a telephone pole and knocked all of the electricity off...." Well, these were the kids who were to blame, so what are you going to do now? The doctors surely aren't going to be nice and go, "Oh, you knocked the power out? Let me help you with that..." More like, let me help inflict some more injuries on you for the inconvenience here... So Dad wisely replied, "Oh, well these kids were having a sleepover and were wrestling and this one fell down the stairs. I think something happened to his knee...."

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Is this about my dad? I didn't know they walked home afterwards!

Jamie B said...

Yes. :) I don't know for sure either, but I also know they didn't have cell phones then... so I don't know if they went to a neighbor's house or what, so I filled in the blanks... :)

Jamie B said...

The facts are this: they crashed into the light pole- they were close to home and since it was enough to knock the power out I've always assumed they had to walk the rest of the way- but maybe the car wasn't so bad and they drove or something else... Thanks for commenting! I like their stories! :) I think they should do a blog too... :)

Nicole said...

That is a great story!
Dad was quick to think of something else!
If it was me, I'd just blurt out, "yea, it was these idiots!"
Thanks for the laugh.
Love the blog!