Friday, October 17, 2008

Dream jobs and Dream homes

So, most people think I am insane, but I have "dream" jobs and homes. Not real dream jobs and homes, but jobs and places I want to one day say I once had. For example, I want to live in a trailer park. I want to live in an apartment in a big city in a skyscraper- or on some top level so that I have an awesome view. I want to live in a townhome one day. There's also another place I want to live, but I can't seem to remember it at the moment. There was a trailer on my mission that, crazy as it might sound, I wanted to live there- but then sisters left that area. There was an area that the missionaries lived in the back of a funeral home- that would have been fun to add to my list, but isn't common enough to make it onto my dream list of homes. :)

Then there's dream jobs. I love to drive and I love the smell of pizza- so I want to be a pizza delivery person. I also love sorting things, and I like mail- so I want to work in the post office- not out front where you see most of the workers, but in the back sorting the mail. I also want to work at Little Ceasar's and learn how to make their garlic cheese bread- I became addicted to it on my mission. Then I want to be a waitress. I don't know exactly why, but I just have always wanted to. As of yet I haven't had very many jobs. I grew up working in my dad's law office when I wanted to. From a young age he would give me random tasks- such as updating his books- which I used to love. Then later he taught me how to file. Then he had me do random secretarial tasks because for a few years he didn't have a secretary so there were lots of projects to be done. Then I really liked learning how to write the first drafts of trusts and wills and documents. Then one summer coming home from college he told me I couldn't work at his office- because he had rented out the space I used to use to another guy. But his old law firm was willing to hire me. Easy life, I know. I never had to apply for a job until last year- where I got a job but it was a long process and I finally got it in time for when I was going home for summer. But I loved my dad's old law firm. They had me as a back-up receptionist as my official title. But I was basically a secretary there too. Good times! :)

1 comment:

Britt said...

I totally know what you mean. Totally