Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Obama

I have titled this blog as "Obama" for a reason. I'm not really going to talk about who he is, or what he is, or even my opinion on him. Suffice it to say, he's not my favorite person (but I don't hate him) and I didn't vote for him, but I ALSO feel some of the ridicule is ridiculous.

Here's the thing, I have learned from being in leadership positions that everyone has a different way of doing things. SOMETIMES there's a right way and a wrong way, but it's determined by the OUTCOME. Whenever something goes wrong, those in leadership get blamed- but really? Can YOU do better? If not, then how can you so rudely criticize? I can understand knowing idealogies and trying to share them to better the country's atmosphere, but friendly criticism and just hating because you don't agree are two different things.

So I don't agree with Obama, BUT he has 4 years to try out his ideas. Like it or not, he was elected- it's now his chance to do HIS best (not what you think is best- should've voted for yourself if that's the case) to try and fix the problems our nation faces. If he screws up ROYALLY, we have to have faith in our government to impeach him before we are beyond repair. But I find it hard to believe that ONE man can destroy our democracy. Even Obama followers don't want a dictatorship. So therefore, I don't think we can lose everything. And we do have checks and balances in our system set up.

So in my opinion, be involved in politics, speak out when you disagree, so that the checks and balances can make sure nothing goes alright. So give him a break, even if you don't agree with him. If you don't like what he does VOTE FOR SOMEONE ELSE NEXT ELECTION!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh I agree but I have to disagree! does that make sense... Such a sensitive issue. I know that we all must stand for the constitution of the United States. And when one person (and his team)goes against not just one but many of our morals we must work together to make sure we uphold our constitutional rights. We may be able to get back the ideas that Obama implants But at a VERY HIGH PRICE. The price that so many fought and died for already. As a a country we are going to have to STAND to uphold those things we hold dear. Like so many say. You may not have to pay. But your children will. I am in full support of the President of the United States if he upholds my principles. If not... we are all responsible for ---just waiting for the term to end, and hoping we can fix it. We are all accountable. ps checks and balances and debate is out the window...

Jamie B said...

I guess the point I wanted to make was I hate the hate mail/email... I don't feel it does any good. I don't think you have to stand by and do whatever he wants if you don't agree with it- but there's a difference between inspiring hate in a person and their office and fighting for what you feel is right- does that make sense? He's President, whether you like it or not, so leave the hate mail aside, and just continue being involved in politics and standing for what you feel is right. But as the elected President he does deserve a chance to do things his way (to an extent). I don't agree with the democratic way, but that doesn't mean that it's wrong and has to be done in a republican manner... that was the part I guess I meant to say should be left alone. He's doing a lot I don't agree with, but try and get people involved in how it won't work to try and stop it instead of just saying you hate it and spreading the hate with no end result... Does that make more sense?

Jamie B said...

Cause I agree with what you're saying... which means somehow I wasn't clear enough the first time... :)

Sharon said...

YES that makes better sense. There is no room for HATE. But it is time to stop talking the talk. We must walk the walk. Getting involved in PROTECTING our constitutional rights is CRUCIAL! So then we agree! XO