Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mouse/Rat Story

So today I went to work, for any who doesn't know, I help out with 3 kids (mainly 3 kids sometimes there's more). Today when I got there in the morning, everything was in disarray. There were kids standing on chairs and yelling and screaming, and TayLynn was on top of the kitchen counter. All happening when they should've been getting dressed and ready for school and eating breakfast. The story was- there was a mouse. It had been spotted that morning and everyone was afraid of it. It had supposedly ran under the refrigerator, last anyone had seen it and they were afraid of it jumping out at them. The mom went out to buy mouse traps- supposedly there are new ones that can be reused. She bought them, and I cleaned the living room, under the couches and vacuumed. It looked so pretty when I finished, and then I put one of the new mouse traps under part of the sectional couch. I never saw the mouse today. But I did play along with the kids. Ones of them mentioned seeing the mouse and I pretended to act all afraid. Kiana then came to me and comfortingly put her hand on my leg (it's where she could reach) and said, "It's ok, it's not scary. It's Janessa's mouse." Not true. Janessa is her older sister and is just one of those types that would never have a mouse.

The whole incident reminded me of a story that happened to me when I was still very little. I say very little because I think I was only about 8. I woke up in the middle of the night, one night and was lying on my back. I noticed a lump on my stomach/chest area. I figured it was a clump of blankets but it wouldn't pat down. I then lifted up the blanket expecting to find a stuffed animal or something, but to my surprise there was a rat, in my bed, on top of me. I freaked out and went running to my parents room down the hall telling them there was a rat in my bed. They came back and checked and couldn't find it. They left, but I was convinced it was still there. I turned on my lights and proceeded to look in my closet and behind things, and finally underneath my bed, where he was in the corner looking at me. I ran back to my parents room and had them look underneath my bed, but by then he had disappeared altogether. So basically, I woke up with a rat on me, but no one else ever saw it.

No comments: