Wednesday, November 17, 2010

This Path of Life

A poem I found that I had written on my mission, we had an investigator who liked poetry so we wrote poems to put together for her:

This path of life
Is full of strife
Dark clouds can blind
And confuse our mind

Over rocks and boulders
We may stumble
"Oh why this heavy burden on my shoulders?"
I oft times hear myself mumble

Oh why can't I
Find peace? I cry
I can't go on anymore
This life has made me much too sore

And just when life seems at its blackest
Something registers within my soul
"Come unto me and I'll give you rest"
If only rest could be my goal

I fall to my knees
And then I see
This path I've led
Is paved ahead

Someone must have walked before
I look around to see behind me
My Savior stood there and here He bore
Me up and carried me from hence to thee

In all my times of darkest trial
My Savior walked the extra mile
He waited to rejoice in all I could do
Before He picked me up and made me like new

So do I regret these times of affliction?
And why He waited so long to come save me?
Not at all, for my life is not fiction
I learned and I grew to be all I can be

No comments: